iHome Mortgage respects your privacy and we comply with all applicable laws and regulations designed to ensure your privacy. Your relationship with iHome Mortgage is important and we want to affirm our continuing commitment to the proper use of customer information, which we have or may gather in the normal course of business.
We will generally keep this information about you confidential, but may share the information about you with our business partners as described below in order to provide better service to you.
Types of Information Collected Through This Web Site
“Nonpublic personal information” is information we receive from a consumer or collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to a consumer. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. We collect nonpublic personal information about consumers from the following sources:
- Information provided to us on loan applications or other forms, such as a customers name, social security number, assets, liabilities and income
- Information otherwise provided to us online, by e-mail, telephone, facsimile, in writing, in-person, or by other means
- Certain specific information that is captured and recorded by us when you log in to our site. This information is used to help confirm the identity of the user, such as the user’s IP address and Internet host name
- Information about a customer’s previous transactions with us or our affiliates, such as loan balances, payment history, and parties to transactions
- If we obtain a credit report in connection with a proposed transaction, information received from the credit
Use and Disclosure of Nonpublic Personal Information
We collect, use, and maintain nonpublic personal information about our customers only to provide financial products and services. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information except as permitted by law. For example, “permitted by law” includes, without limitation:
- with the consumer’s consent;
- as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction that you request;
- to consumer reporting agencies;
- the securitization or secondary market sale of your financial product (including servicing rights);
- responding to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or government regulatory authority;
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer or exchange of all or a portion of a business or operating unit;
- to our service providers.
We require our service providers to enter into an agreement with us that prohibits them from using or disclosing nonpublic personal information other than to carry out the purposes for which we disclosed the information or as otherwise permitted by law.
Confidentiality and Security of Information
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to those employees and service providers who have a business need to know that information to provide products and services to you. Our employees are bound by a code of conduct and ethics, and are educated on the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We maintain, and we require our service providers to agree to maintain, physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
We may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site. iHome Mortgage may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on iHome Mortgage or the Web site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of iHome Mortgage and our Web site; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of iHome Mortgage employees or agents, users of iHome Mortgage products or services, or members of the public.
Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the information privacy or security practices of those sites, nor for their content. We urge you to review the privacy and security policies of each site you visit through the use of those links.
With Respect to Cookies
At any time, you may choose to tell us not to:
- Disclose information about you outside our company, except we may disclose information as required or permitted by law. Examples of required disclosures involve audits by federal regulators. Also, we permit the sharing of information when vendors or contractors are assisting us in maintaining your application or account information in our system.
- Solicit you through mail, phone, or email for products and services that you have not originally requested or applied for and that are outside of our normal ongoing communications regarding the servicing or management of your existing accounts. For information about your rights, please contact us at the address or email address below. Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, or about the privacy of your nonpublic personal information in general, please contact us at iHome Mortgage 12404 Hunters Glen, Owings Mills, MD 21117 or contact Michael Mazursky, President, toll-free at 1-800-491-9010.